Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here I go.

I've run into another immigration snag, but it is not going to delay my trip. The form they were suppose to forward to the National Visa Center did not get sent. The National Visa Center has to have it before I can pick up Elijah's visa and bring him back into the states. It was mailed today and NVC only has about a 48 hour turn around time, so the agency is fairly confident it will be done in time. I'm not leaving Ethiopia until May 29th, so if it's not done by the time I go to the embassy (Tuesday 5/25) It should be done by the time I need to pick up his visa (thursday or friday). There is a slight possibility it will delay me in country and I will need to extend my stay a day or two until it is taken care of, but I can't think about that right now. I'm just trusting and praying that all will be handled on time.
It's been such an incredibly long journey to get to this point. I can't believe the time has actually come to go get my son. This has been the longest pregnancy ever! I won't be able to update while I'm gone, but I'm going to try to journal my thoughts so I can post about them when I am back. Next time you hear from me I will have my cute, sweet, little boy at home in my arms!

1 comment:

Lori said...

So excited for you!! I hope your trip is wonderful, and I can't wait to see your sweet baby boy!!!